英 [ti:f]；美 [tif]
形容词 主要的; 级别最高的; 总的; 最重要的
名词 首领; 酋长; 族长; 主管人员
1. Don was appointed chief engineer of the project.
2. The chief reason for going to school is to learn.
3. Rice is the chief crop in most southern provinces.
1. According to the Charter, the president is chief of the armed forces.
2. The president is also the chief of the armed forces.
1. The former athlete will act as the chief coach for 24 boys from all over China.
2. Chief Secretary for Administration Henry Tang has pledged to promote development projects in Hengqin to the business sector in Hong Kong.
3. But Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshito Sengoku told reporters he would take on the post for now.
4. McLaren chief executive Martin Whitmarsh let his guard slip when asked by reporters on Sunday afternoon whether he thought Hamilton could win before Button.
5. Principal officials will be nominated by the chief executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region for appointment by the Central People"s Government.
6. Under the Election Law, the chief executive elected still needs official appointment by the Chinese central government.
7. Lau"s appointment was officially announced on Thursday by the Chief Executive"s Office, following his failed reelection bid after serving four years in the Legislative Council.
8. " He ordered the defense minister to speed up considerations so that we can act quickly, " Chief Cabinet Secretary Takeo Kawamura told reporters.
9. Fiji"s political leaders and its acting police chief criticised the coup, but media censorship by the armed forces meant many here did not hear their condemnations.
10. Kerkorian expressed support for Ford"s turnaround efforts and management team led by Chief Executive Alan Mulally when he announced his plans for the tender offer.
1. Draught animals were the chief means of transport in Xinjiang prior to the founding of New China.
2. As the comprehensive clinical building is a chief part in hospital building, the design of air-condition in it plays a more important role than that of other ordinary civil buildings.
3. You see, our chief engineer, who"s based out of Ankara...
4. Not bothered either way about Leona whatshername, but the chief embarrassmen
5. Gates then switched to his chief software architect, for his 20 years on the run along to act as supporting roles.
6. Where can I find the train chief?
7. On-site host for the issues raised by the Chinese network, Zhang Mei-zhi, deputy editor-in-chief said: to attract Internet users, the site is the work of all the starting point and destination point.
8. The water scarcity and the excessively rich expression is the chief criminal who causes the lip grain emergence.
9. This article is a review of Bloomfield"s chief contribution to the theory of grammar in his Language.
10. When we consider what, to use the words of the catechism, is the chief end of man, and what are the true necessaries and means of life, it appears as if men had deliberately chosen the common mode of living because they preferred it to nay other.