英 [pent] 美 [pent]
形容词 有耐性的; 能容忍的
名词 病人; 患者; 病号
1. Be patient!
2. He"s a very patient man.
1. The doctor is very patient with his patients.
2. The doctor visited his patients in hospital.
3. I found the beauty shop filled with patients.
1. I have a wonderful teacher named Emily who works with me and is very patient when I butcher her language.
2. It requires a great deal of experience as well as good communication with the patient.
3. The surgery will attach facial tissue and blood vessels from a cadaver to a new patient.
4. If the patient fails to react you must call the emergency services immediately.
5. Blood vessels become vulnerable as the patient"s active immune system causes greater inflammation.
6. The hospital successfully removed the cardiac and respiratory support for the patient September 8, but her baby died soon after that.
7. Autopsy of one of the dead showed the patient died of sudden cardiac death, according to a statement posted on the website of the ministry.
8. New Zealander Michael Campbell remained within striking distance of the leaders after carding a patient 68.
9. A roll of gauze was left in a patient"s chest for 13 years by careless doctors during surgery.
A patient is a person who is receiving medical treatment from a doctor or hospital. A patient is also someone who is registered with a particular doctor.
e.g. The earlier the treatment is given, the better the patient"s chances...
e.g. She was tough but wonderful with her patients...
If you are patient, you stay calm and do not get annoyed, for example when something takes a long time, or when someone is not doing what you want them to do.
e.g. Please be patient — your cheque will arrive...
e.g. He was endlessly kind and patient with children.
1.[patient (with sb/sth)]有耐性的；忍耐的；容忍的
enduring without protest or complaint
enduring trying circumstances with even temper or characterized by such endurance
the semantic role of an entity that is not the agent but is directly involved in or affected by the happening denoted by the verb in the clause
a person who requires medical care
be patient ofv.能忍受...的,容忍...的,有...可能的
be patient withv.对...有耐心
patient with对...有耐心 He is just a small child, so you must be patient with him. 他只不过是个小阿子,你应该对他耐心点。
be patient with sb对某人有耐心
patientadj. 1.[patient (with sb/sth)]有耐性的；忍耐的；容忍的 n. 1.（接受治疗的）病人（尤指医院中的）；（在某医生处注册的）病人（病时由此医生诊治）
out patientn. 门诊病人