arrive英 [əˈraɪv]美 [əˈraɪv]
reach英 [ri:tʃ]美 [ritʃ]
arrive ： 侧重到达目的地或达到某一目标。也可用作比喻。
reach ： 既可指到达目的地，又可指到达途中的中间站。强调经过的周折或付出的努力。
1. It was the uncommitted that Labour needed to reach.
2. I tried to reach the foot brakes but I couldn"t.
3. He recovered from a 4-2 deficit to reach the quarter-finals.
4. Amy went and kissed him, and then danced out of his reach.
5. I got a message you were trying to reach me.
6. Isabelle placed a wine cup on the table within his reach.
7. His score of 29 had helped Leicestershire reach a presentable total.
8. Girls generally reach sexual maturity two years earlier than boys.
9. I moved on round the big house to reach my pad.
10. Attempts to reach a mutually agreed solution had been fruitless.
11. Keep breakables out of reach of very young children.
12. It is located within reach of many important Norman towns, including Bayeux.
13. It would be a disaster for them not to reach the semi-finals.
14. It had taken Masters about twenty hours to reach the house.
15. He managed to reach a partial agreement with both republics.
1. Several long-awaited videos will finally arrive in the shops this month.
2. It is estimated that every year 50 unaccompanied children arrive in Britain.
3. The hoped-for economic recovery in Britain did not arrive.
4. We"re still waiting for the first batch to arrive.
5. Photographs of the crime scene began to arrive within twenty minutes.
6. A deluge of manuscripts began to arrive in the post.
7. It took six days to arrive despite being posted first class.
8. From a concealed vantage point, he saw a car arrive.
9. Entries must arrive by first post next Wednesday.
10. The bus took absolutely ages to arrive.
11. Their planes usually arrive on time.
12. Arrive two days early in order to acclimatize.
13. I"ll wait until they arrive.
14. Barring accidents, we should arrive on time.
15. Please make every endeavour to arrive on time.